2- BASE CAMP
3- REGAX TENT
Our tents are Hand Made and we order in bulk blocks to keep the costs low and the manufacturing process efficient. We can usually deliver a superior or premium tent within 8 weeks of order, but we do hold stock in the Punjab so this can be much quicker in many circumstances.
For tents that need to be modified with additional doors, windows etc, the order period is usually an additional 2 weeks.
No, we are happy to provide you with advice on what your interiors need to include, but as the facilities will vary according to your own specific target market and locality, you will often find having direct input into how your tents will look is more beneficial.
However, if required, we do provide a full turnkey service which includes building the base, putting the tent up, and fitting out the interior, take down for the winter, storage and re erection in the spring.
Somethings to consider -
- Color - Some planners dislike the standard camel color as it is more visible in the countryside. If this does come up then you can suggest you use dark green canvas which is a lot less visible.
- Permanency - : The tents are considered to be a semi-permanent development. You can lessen the impact of the development by not using concrete sub bases. The tent bases don't need a concrete sub base as the decking can be installed using just simple legs. Further more, you may consider taking them down during the winter, but only if this helps with the planning application.
- Neighbours -: Most planning applications are beset with objections from neighbours. It may be worth you talking to anyone who is likely to be affected to reduce this as an issue.
- Need - : This has become a favourite over the last 6-9 months. You may be asked about the need for such a new development. This can be need for the farm to diversify in order for it to remain viable, or local need for more accommodation to complement local attractions, pubs, restaurants etc. This can be countered if you have any historical data from similar sites.
- Bathrooms and Toilet facility -: The planners look to this as a way of telling if there is any chance of residential use being established. You should try and infer that you will be using eco toilets and grey water will be into a soak away. You don't need planning permission or a licence for a septic tank or Treatment plant, so you don't need to be too specific about this at the beginning of your application.
- I am sure there will be other questions. The rule is to tell the planners no more than they need to know. Good luck, but if you would like one of the Campking Team to come down and walk the site and provide any further information, do get in touch. We are currently offering a free consultancy site visit which we would normally charge 30000 INR for, so don’t hesitate to take advantage of this service.
1-Have necessary permits and licenses
2-Clear the area. Please ensure the tent installation area is completely free of all obstructions prior to our arrival.
3-Please make the base ready before our installer arrives at your place.